September Series: Highlighting international human rights NGOs
Monday, September 18, 2023 - 11:00 am
Virtual - Zoom and Social Media
Join us throughout September for a captivating 3-part webinar series hosted by Human Rights First, featuring Senior Advisor, Brian Dooley. In these 30-minute conversations, we will highlight important and timely international work and the importance of NGO collaboration to advance and protect human rights for all.
When: Starting Monday, September 18, at 11 am ET
Where: Live on Zoom (with social media coverage)
We invite you to be part of these thought-provoking conversations that will shed light on the remarkable impact of teamwork, dedication, and unity in the fight for human rights.
1. September 18th – Pat Finucane Centre (Northern Ireland)
Discover the work of the Pat Finucane Centre and gain insights into their efforts to uphold human rights in Northern Ireland advocating a non-violent resolution of the conflict on the island of Ireland and representing the families of those killed by the British army during the Northern Ireland Conflict.
- Featuring Alan Brecknell, caseworker, Pat Finucane Centre
- Recording of this discussion.
2. September 21st – Bahrain Institute for Rights and Democracy (Bahrain)
Explore the work of BIRD, which works with victims of human rights abuse in Bahrain to document and publicize abuses and provide recourse to aid and justice.
- Featuring Sayed Ahmed, advocacy director, Bahrain Institute for Rights and Democracy
- Recording of the discussion
3. September 28th – Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights (Poland)
Delve into their work and collaboration with local activists to protect and defend the rights of refugees and asylum seekers at the Polish-Belarusian border.
- Featuring Marta Górczyńska, migration department, Helsinki Foundation for Human Rights
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to be part of a global conversation. Mark your calendars for September 18th and stay tuned for updates on the following webinars.
Register now to receive updates on the series, including ways to join live, and notifications on post-event recordings.
Learn more about this topic: