Round-up of Guantanamo Military Commissions Coverage
Human Rights First is giving real-time updates of the Khadr trial on this blog—and our commentary has been picked up in news stories over various outlets. Below is a roundup of some of our commentary:
• Daphne Eviatar commented on the admissibility of confessionary evidence given allegations of abuse, on CNN.
• Daphne Eviatar discusses how the jury will deal with Khadr’s confession on MNS News.
• Daphne Eviatar and Senator Romero Dalliare outline Khadr’s trial and its resemblance to a ‘kangeroo court’ on CBC News.
• Listen to Eviatar discusses the moral and legal challenges the U.S military commissions must face when trying Khadr, a boy forced into Al-Qaeda cells at age nine and captured before his sixteenth birthday, on MotherJones.
• Read our “Snapshot of a Gitmo Terrorist” and our full list of updates on the Khadr and al-Qosi proceedings.
Human Rights First has been monitoring the military commissions proceedings since their beginning in 2004. Read our past entries and follow us on Twitter @humanrights1st and Daphne Eviatar @deviatar.